Durham, NC /
Modern Energy – Modern Energy /
We hire Summer Analysts that we believe have the potential to become future leaders of our business. When you join Modern Energy as a Summer Analyst, you are joining a private equity firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role, you will work with Modern Energy the fund manager as well as its portfolio companies that are working to drive the transition to affordable, reliable, sustainable energy. You will work at the intersection of a variety of disciplines, from engineering to data science to commercial negotiations. By the conclusion of your Summer spent with us, you should have the relationships, skills, and judgment necessary to tackle the toughest of business questions as you pursue your career after graduation.
- You will work directly with senior management to identify, document, and build new business opportunities.
- You will gain exposure across the business and rapidly build your business skills.
- You will conduct extensive due diligence and industry research and will breakdown complex questions, analyze the component parts, and bring the answers together to form an opinion on different strategic ideas.
- You will gain exposure to commercial negotiations and create client pitches, offering memoranda, and management presentations.
- Your creativity and analytical skills will be in high demand across the business, and you will be willing to jump in and lend a hand when the need arises.
- A passion for energy and impact, strong analytical skills, and a keen commercial instinct.
- A distinguished record at an internationally-recognized university.
- Demonstrated interest in energy, finance, technology, engineering, and/or other subject areas relevant to the lines of business of Modern Energy and its portfolio companies.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, and presentations)
- Analytical chops: able to quickly and adeptly build financial models, run database queries, and create presentations outlining our business and potential transactions
- Proven leadership ability - you inspire and motivate others.
- Comfort with ambiguity and an eagerness to work in an entrepreneurial culture.
- An unwavering commitment to act, at all times, with honor and integrity.
Modern Energy has built a distinctive team committed to driving the transition to a digital energy future. We’re excited to welcome others to join us on this journey.
Modern Energy is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.