Los Angeles /
Modern Animal is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms (including Founders Fund, True Ventures, and Upfront Ventures) and have an experienced entrepreneurial team from both the veterinary industry and leading companies and brands like Uber and Allbirds. If you love animals, small teams, and innovative design, this is the role for you! This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
As a Data Analyst at Modern Animal, you will answer the most analytical and strategic questions to determine how we make investments and decisions. You’re expected to create compelling stories, drive growth strategies, and uncover new business opportunities by tapping into data across platforms and channels. Using SQL and Excel/Python/R, you will independently tackle the core analytics to guide the direction for Modern Animal’s growth and expansion.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own the analytics, forecasting, and reporting to empower everything related to Growth and guide business priorities and decisions
- Work closely with Marketing, Product, and Operations teams to drive high visibility analytics projects, with topics ranging from user journey, product adoption, marketing funnel conversion, targeting and segmentation, experiment design including multivariate creative testing, to spending decisions
- Present metrics, findings, and recommendations to key stakeholders and our leadership team
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to inform market expansion and diversification
- Identify opportunities for channel optimization and lead the development of data-driven channel strategies
What we're looking for:
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical roles
- Comfortable working as a "full-stack" data analyst to scope projects: have the ability to write and functionalize code, design and run tests, surface and visualize results, and provide recommendations based on analyses
- Sufficient knowledge of the marketing funnel, marketing automation, operations, and general business analytics
- Logical and structured thinking, with strong business acumen, to handle and navigate ambiguous questions in an entrepreneurial culture
- High proficiency in SQL and Excel, and working knowledge in at least one scripting/statistical language (R, Python preferred)
- Developer experience would be a strong plus
- Based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate
Modern Animal is a more human animal care experience, for everyone. It’s a better place for pets because it’s a better place for the people who love them.