We started Modern Animal in 2018 with a simple mission to build next-generation veterinary care by leveraging technology to improve the lives of pets, the people who love them, and the healthcare partners who take care of them. We’re rethinking systems and processes to improve the efficiency of the veterinary clinic in meaningful ways, giving the veterinarian not only the time, support, and tools s/he needs to practice the best medicine possible, but making it easier for the client to access the care their pet needs, when they need it.
At Modern Animal, we put innovative veterinary thinkers and brilliant software engineers in the same room and asked them to build a new kind of veterinary experience from the ground up. The result? A job that will rekindle your love affair with veterinary medicine. We’re looking for a Lead Doctor to drive the inception of our inaugural hospital in the Beverly Grove area of Los Angeles, CA. Come join a group of highly-skilled individuals who are reinventing the people experience in veterinary medicine, both for clients and clinicians.
At Modern Animal, we believe in practicing our values; not just professing them.
- Balance and flexibility
- Excellence and vision
- Compassion and passion
- Efficiency and empathy
- Teamwork and joy
- Creativity and courage
- Integrity and generosity
At Modern Animal, we think differently about compensation.
- We pay guaranteed salaries.
- We reward exceptional teamwork, and excellent patient and client care.
- We allow flexible scheduling that lets you feed your passions.
- We offer paid PTO, paid CE days, paid pro bono days, paid parental leave, and paid holidays.
- We provide an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and 401K.
What does a Modern Animal Lead Doctor do?
- Model excellent medical practice to a team of three Associate Doctors
- Empower the hospital team to deliver an unparalleled client experience both in-clinic and virtually
- Mentor Associate Doctors regarding the improvement of individual metrics/performance with respect to client satisfaction, teamwork, medical quality, record keeping, and production
- Collaborate with the practice’s Lead Technician to provide guidance to the practice team, and foster an environment of continuous learning, improvement, and excellence
- Implement the Modern Animal cultural vision by encouraging flexible scheduling, self-compassion, and a blame- and judgement-free work environment
Modern Animal is a more human animal care experience, for everyone. It’s a better place for pets because it’s a better place for the people who love them.