Member Experience and Strategy Leader
Los Angeles, California /
This role will be responsible for forging and nurturing the core experience of how all Modern Animal members access care both in person and virtually. Reflecting on Modern Animal’s core values of simplicity and innovation, you will join a collaborative team of operators, product managers, marketers, and veterinary experts that solve problems with thoughtfulness, empathy, and speed.
You will drive key inputs in the customer journey that help define the end-to-end experience of our members before/during/after an appointment, inform clinical workflows for our Care Team, and help shape our product roadmap. To do so, this role is critical to defining and articulating Modern Animal’s customer types, segmentation, and their user journey with the most common medical use cases. The outcome is a world-class consumer program that builds trust between our members and practitioners and delivers our promise of medical excellence, transparency, and accessibility.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who can think strategically and analytically while simultaneously managing cross-functional projects from conception through execution. You must have experience with blending analytics and insights to scope and solve complex problems and shaping business strategy and roadmap for a sophisticated consumer brand. As a leader, you will be able to proactively address gaps in clinical experience and establish processes and requirements to guide teams toward systemic improvements.
How you'll make an impact:
- Drive the development and implementation of workflow templates, based on member needs and segmentation, for each service line at Modern Animal to ensure an efficient and seamless experience before/during/after an appointment
- Establish and communicate a shared vision and strategy for Modern Animal’s Core Experience that delivers significant impact on clinic unit economics and connects the experience between members and care providers through app and workflow improvements
- Clearly define and articulate primary and secondary success indicators for Core Experience and implement ongoing tracking mechanisms
- Build strong partnerships with Operations and Finance leaders to collaborate on key areas such as Customer Support Standards, Credits and Refund Policy, Cancellation Policy, Shipping and Delivery Solutions, etc.
- Inform business model assumptions and decisions related to implementation timelines, prioritization, resourcing, and strategic direction of our service lines
- Develop analysis and articulate compelling, insightful findings based on user demand, data, thought leadership, and internal dialogue that embrace our core values
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution across the Growth and Consumer Strategy team and partner teams
You'd be a great fit:
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy and operations, strategic planning, cross functional leadership and/or sophisticated market analysis
- Proven abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to distill a great amount of complexity and identify critical issues and challenges to inform decision making
- Intellectual horsepower to deeply understand our technology, clinical needs of each appointment type, our Care Team expertise by role and level, etc., and leverage them to inform your recommendations and decisions
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions; able to tailor communication to internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Self-starter who leans into the challenge and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Highly organized, process-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack