Employee Experience Leader
Los Angeles, California /
Modern Animal is on a mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that is better for all of us who love them and we’re looking for a leader who is passionate about delivering on our mission through the employee experience.
The Employee Experience Leader will use data and insights to support a joyful employee journey and their work will strengthen a sense of belonging and community amongst employees ultimately leading to high retention and alignment across the business. This individual embodies a growth mindset and engages with intention, empathy, and inclusiveness to create a reliable and supportive work environment.
The Employee Experience Leader will report to the Head of People and occasional travel may be required.
Build the Modern Animal engagement playbook
- Provide people leaders with resources, coaching, and training to drive positive team culture
- Build a comprehensive strategy that encourages and incorporates recognition, company moments, and “surprises and delights” throughout the employee journey.
Develop an Engagement Ambassador program that cultivates community amongst all employees nationwide
- Build out a scalable process to deliver on inclusive, innovative, and creative events with the goal of bringing employees together.
- Scale personalized events per clinic in connection with ambassadors and clinic leaders
Use data and insights from employee engagement surveys to influence the long-term engagement strategy.
- Conduct regular surveys and pulse checks to collect insights
- Lead a culture of transparent feedback through employee surveys, action planning, and follow-up.
- Coach and train leaders to understand their insights and respond with action appropriately
In connection with our Operations team, formalize inspiring and informative communication channels and ensure all employees have access to information
- Develop dedicated avenues to connect openly and share feedback with leadership and across teams.
- Build out company-wide townhalls and communications forums to celebrate wins and share key information.
- Lead the Office Coordinator who will be responsible for office upkeep, facilities, and core administrative responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years working in human resources or employee engagement. Prior experience working with an hourly & distributed workforce is required.
- Experience in the veterinary or medical profession is a bonus!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work thoroughly & independently, requesting appropriate assistance when necessary.
- Occasional travel will be required
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack