Full Stack Engineer - Remote
Modern Animal is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms (including Founders Fund, True Ventures, and Upfront Ventures) and have an experienced entrepreneurial team from both the veterinary industry and leading companies and brands like Uber and Allbirds. If you love animals, small teams, and innovative design, this is the role for you! This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
Our current stack is Python, Node, and React. But we are not dogmatic about technologies and looking to add additional components in the near future. We are open to hearing about your ideas on technology and roadmap for the future.
Role and responsibility:
You’ll be a member of a small cross-functional pod working on building out software for our customers, veterinarians, and technicians. As part of this role, your team will be responsible for fully owning a product from the engineering standpoint: from informing design, to front-end engineering, to maintaining our back-end, CI, and cloud infrastructure. You’ll also help with writing automated tests, helping peer-review code, help spec out API requirements, and mentor other members of the technical team.
You'll be successful if you:
- Either have 6+ experience or an impressive portfolio and educational background
- Experience working with our stack (React, Node/Express, Python/Django) or similar.
- Devops experiences is a huge plus, SQL, cloud infrastructure, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Desire to have ownership over what you build - ie. occasionally participate in an on-call rotation
- History of writing clean, readable code and unit tests (examples of works such as a portfolio on GitHub is a strong plus)
- Built sustainable, maintainable, and extensible software with an emphasis on incrementality.
- Proven track record of collaborating on a team on large-scale projects. Either experience architecting distributed, performant systems at scale or working in a startup environment (think ownership, agility, and innovation)
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent proficiency
- Ability to pass a technical interview
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack