Supply Chain Associate
Los Angeles, California /
We are hiring a Supply Chain Associate to help us realize our mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them. The individual in this role is responsible for setting up and implementing the systems and frameworks for centralized inventory management across our clinics. In addition to making sure we have the right inventory in our clinics at all times, the individual in this role is responsible for identifying and building out new processes and tools for scale.
Our ideal candidate is a data-oriented individual who's confident working independently to drive process and change, even if the problem at hand is not yet well understood, daunting or complex.
The individual in this role thrives in an energetic, fast-paced environment with a diverse group of professionals across levels, is extremely well organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and operates with the highest level of professionalism. The ideal candidate has experience with brick and mortar businesses and can build strong relationships with field-level counterparts.
Finally, we are looking for a high-potential performer who is passionate about pets and the people who love them, and is excited about rolling up their sleeves to bring our mission to life as we grow. This role is preferably based in Los Angeles and will require travel, local and national. This person is expected to spend some amount of time in our clinics and develop an expertise in the operational foundations of Modern Animal.
The Supply Chain Associate has five key performance objectives:
- Manage the process of matching supply and demand, including forecasting and planning, of all inventory across the clinic. Troubleshoot and react appropriately to issues affecting inventory required to operate our clinics.
- Maintain the Supply Chain systems roadmap and advocate for the systems needed to scale our supply chain. Manage integrations to ensure solutions land with internal business users and end users.
- Create COGS reporting and sku-level cost forecasting. Collaborate cross functionally to deliver on financially related COGS goals.
- Continuously improve Supply Chain’s project management tools, including any SOPs required.
- Manage select vendors, and optimize our vendor contracts. This may include RFPs pricing analysis, and partner selection.
Why you’d be a great fit:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a technical background in Business, Mathematics or Supply Chain related course of study
- 2-4 years of experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Familiarity and experience working with a broad array of vendors and distributors in the healthcare or veterinary industry is preferred
- Experience with ERP management systems, and complex platform integrations. Exposure to or experience in writing RFPs and in supporting partner vetting and selection processes
- APICS certification and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Excellent at driving execution to ensure results, regardless of roadblocks. Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
- Analytical skill-set and focus on understanding and using metrics, data and KPIs to drive decisions
- Hands-on, can do approach and demonstrated humility, with zero hesitation to jump into any situation necessary in the field or otherwise
- A good listener to stakeholder needs, able to translate between internal needs and partner execution
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack