Growth Marketing Manager
Los Angeles /
Modern Animal is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms (including Founders Fund, True Ventures, and Upfront Ventures) and have an experienced entrepreneurial team from both the veterinary industry and leading companies and brands like Uber, Allbirds, Blue Bottle, and Sweetgreen. If you love animals, small teams, and innovative design, this is the role for you! This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
As the first Growth Marketing Manager at Modern Animal, you will drive the way we connect with pet owners to grow Modern Animal’s active client base. Leveraging your growth marketing skills in performance marketing, CRM, SEO/ASO, and experimentation, you’ll build scalable marketing programs from the ground up that reach, activate, and engage new clients. The ideal candidate deeply understands how to leverage channels to reach new audiences and build an enduring brand, adopt a customer-obsessed approach to marketing messages, and be rigorous about learning from the data you collect and the experimental campaigns you run.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about pets and the people who love them and is excited about rolling up their sleeves to bring our mission to life as we grow.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build a robust growth and test plan across media, channels and other customer touchpoints to drive tangible, measurable outcomes
- Own the end-to-end development and execution of ad hoc media campaigns and evergreen marketing programs to acquire new customers within performance goals
- Develop a deep understanding of our marketing funnel and attribution and use data-driven insights to prioritize, lead, and implement growth marketing strategies to drive conversion and engagement
- Establish reporting cadence and rituals to regularly communicate results and findings
- Evolve and execute our launch playbook that enables robust market expansion
- Proactively build relationships cross-functionally, collaborating with design and engineering resources to ensure timely delivery and high quality execution
- Lead and participate in activities that support the well-being of veterinary practitioners by making the profession both joyful and sustainable
You’d be a great fit:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant acquisition and retention marketing experience, preferably growing a significant mobile customer base in a startup environment
- Highly analytical, solutions-oriented storyteller, with a strong attention to detail
- Biased to action in iterative processes, willing to tackle problems hands-on and get things done
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- HTML proficiency is strongly preferred
- SQL experience would be a strong plus, but not required
- Based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
Modern Animal is a more human animal care experience, for everyone. It’s a better place for pets because it’s a better place for the people who love them.