Los Angeles /
We are hiring our first ever HR Manager to help us realize our mission of bettering the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them - starting with our employees. This role will work alongside our Head of People to build the HR and People Experience foundations of the business.
This leader will have deep functional expertise in people operations and experience. They will thrive in a cross-functional environment and will be passionate about supporting a distributed workforce across many locations.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to build a department from the ground up with the focus of making work an incredible place for our employees, please apply!
What the job entails:
- Act as a business partner and HR support to our quickly growing clinic leadership teams
- Execute Human Resources strategies related to retention, performance management, employee relations, and the day-to-day administration of the HR department.
- Create and lead programs that support internal development that propels the advancement of veterinary professionals and fuels future clinic openings.
- Conduct thorough investigations to ensure appropriate resolution of all employee issues found. Work proactively with employees and leadership to mitigate future issues.
- Collaborate to determine the most effective policies and procedures, strategies, programs, and services that best meet the needs of each clinic.
- Provide support with the following: hiring, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and engagement & culture development.
- Ensure our clinics operate in compliance at all times.
You'd be a great fit:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant HR experience with an hourly, distributed workforce.
- Strong knowledge of California state labor laws and basic people best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to large and small groups of employees at all levels.
- Has a bias for action in iterative processes, willing to tackle problems hands-on and get things done.
- Ability to solve conflicts in a positive and fair manner.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and personable. Has the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with high standards.
- Based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your furry family members and discounts on extra services
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack