Los Angeles /
Modern Animal is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms and have an experienced entrepreneurial team, including the founders of Whistle. If you love animals, small teams, and next-generation technology, this is the job for you! We're located in the heart of Playa Vista, close to great restaurants, hiking trails, and the beach. We follow the work-hard, play-hard ethos, with flexible hours and a dog-friendly office (of course). This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
Our current stack is Python and React Native. But we are looking to add components in Swift/Kotlin, Go, and Node in the near future. We are open to hearing about your ideas on technology and roadmap for the future.
Role and Responsibility
You’ll be a member of a small cross-functional team working on building out software for our customers, veterinarians, and technicians. You will work closely with our design and product teams to build beautiful and functional interfaces. You’ll build out the backend APIs and systems that power on customer facing software. You’ll also help with writing automated tests, helping peer review code, help spec out API requirements, and mentor other members of the tech team.
- Experience writing Python or similar language (GoLang, Ruby, etc.)
- Desire to do truly “full-stack” work, including devops
- History of writing clean, readable code and unit tests (examples of works such as a portfolio on GitHub is a strong plus)
- Consuming and defining traditional RESTful APIs
- 3+ years relevant experience
- A strong interest or previous experience building an app from the ground up.
- Proven track record of collaborating on a team on large-scale projects
- BS in Computer science or equivalent proficiency
- Ability to pass a technical interview
Pet Friendly, brand new office
Small teams - own your own projects
Dictate architectural and design decisions
Excellent health insurance and other benefits
Flexible hours, work-from-home, and vacation – take time off when you need it
Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!