Brazilian Portuguese Social & Community Manager (Latin America)
Remote - LATAM /
Careers – Services-Account Management /
Do you have a creative mind as well as a deep understanding of online communities and social media? We are seeking an experienced Social Media and Community Manager fluent in Portuguese to join our team. You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Digital Strategy working from your home office.
You must be bilingual, and able to speak native-level Portuguese and English.
As a ModSquad Social Media and Community Manager, you will work closely with a variety of large and small clients. You will be imperative in building, maintaining, improving, and empowering our clients and their digital communities.
Before you apply, please make sure you read the final "To Apply" section below.
- The day-to-day tasks of a ModSquad social medial & community manager vary, but basic responsibilities include:
- Handle occasional community crisis or troubleshoot escalations.
- Approve/reject posts based on community guidelines, providing feedback on rejections.
- Nurturing growth on social media communities.
- Read through posts to gather community sentiment, find top posts and discover support issues.
- Provide client with weekly report on Portuguese Level Up community, including sentiment, top posts, support issues, post/membership/active user metrics and analysis.
- Brainstorm activities, opportunities, and content to inspire or grow the community (long term and campaign-based).
- Design and execute the weekly and quarterly content calendars and strategy plans
- Create and report KPIs, and build reports that showcase reason, trends, and opportunity.
- Manage and respond to customers through forums and website tools.
- Learn and explore new toolsets that improve workflow and client objectives.
- Work closely, efficiently, and effectively with the client and internal teams (communication is daily).
- Develop practices and improvements, or build upon and help improve current methods of operation.
- A successful candidate needs to have confidence and strength in the following abilities
- Native Portuguese speaker with great English.
- Experience with social media analytics.
- Have active and professional experience with moderation groups.
- Listening to the community and reporting on community sentiment and support issues
- Previous Community Management experience.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent writing skills in both Portuguese and English. Feel comfortable with communicating the positive and improvement opportunities.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when monitoring based on community guidelines.
- Be a proactive, self-starter, and independent contributor with follow-through on all initiatives.
- Have strong problem-solving, creative writing, and editorial skills.
- Be able to execute on community initiatives, measure results, and modify programs based on feedback.
- Retain and demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills and schedule to hit deliverable deadlines.
- Must have previous experience managing communities on behalf of professional entities/companies (either as a community manager or working within social media marketing departments).
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in Social or Community management experience. Again, the position requires excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines, articulate key points, and effectively present. The position is for a candidate who can speak Portuguese (native-level proficiency) and English.
Please provide a resume detailing your professional social media and/or community management experience with a cover letter discussing how your experience applies to this role.
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few. We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad's expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 70+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world. Visit us at modsquad.com.
Individuals seeking employment at ModSquad are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.