Vimeo Customer Support Manager - Overnight
Remote - USA /
Careers – Brand Representatives /
ModSquad provides on-demand digital engagement and works with the world’s coolest brands. We’re oriented around flexibility, people, and results.
We are looking for a remote Customer Support Manager with great customer service experience, solid written communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude to supervise the Overnight team on the Vimeo project.
Vimeo is a leading online video platform. Vimeo is a very unique project in that it’s many smaller projects that fit into a very collaborative (and giant!) canvas. The person for this role must not be afraid of humility, challenges, and must also be on a constant improvement mindset.
This role will support agents (“Mods”) answering Zendesk tickets from Vimeo customers inquiring about a vast array of issues and questions around the Vimeo product and platform. The support includes technical troubleshooting know-how, strong empathy and communication skills, knowledge of white-glove support, and ability to work well within a team.
Over time, the Customer Support Management role can grow into other responsibilities as well.
What you will do:
- Train on and become a subject matter expert on Vimeo T1 and overall platform topics.
- Act as the escalation point for the team and answering customer email support tickets
- Support a group of very talented agents in customer service (more info on this below).
- Recruiting, training, and performance management.
- Oversee a team schedule to make sure all shifts are filled.
- Perform weekly and daily quality and productivity checks for all Mods.
- Collaborate with other members of Leadership on both the overall Vimeo project, and specific to our Tier 1 teams.
- Work with support agents and Vimeo Leads as an escalation point to troubleshoot issues and solve problems.
- Work within our tools to ensure service levels are maintained. Additionally, working on ways to manage ticket channel compliance within the team (e.g. hour-by-hour checks).
- Communicate clearly and consistently to the team, other members of leadership, and upper managers of any changes, updates, or relevant information.
- Promote team collaboration and inspire innovation amongst the team.
- Work with data significantly to tell the story of what we are attempting to fix, address, or propose. Either on Vimeo as a whole, or specific to Vimeo T1 teams.
- Be proactive in addressing trends, issues, or suggestions.
- Assist in Knowledgebase article and workflow creation/updates.
- Assist in macro creation/updates, call scripting and workflows.
Required Skills, Experience, and Work Mentality:
- You have 1-3 years of management or leadership experience in a call center, customer support or technical support environment.
- You have email customer support experience (and maybe a little obsessed with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation!)
- You are familiar with Zendesk and Zendesk Management. (Zendesk Insights & Explore is a huge plus!)
- You understand ticket support and nuances of the ticket channel.
- Ability to provide coaching and guidance on ticket work.
- Able to support agents who will come across various emotions from customers.
- You understand technical troubleshooting as it relates to video and web browser topics.
- You are a team player and can work well within a multi-tiered, multi-team setting.
- Titles are unimportant to you - you have no problem jumping in as needed and are driven to improve the project.
- You are compassionate and empathetic while still holding support agents to exacting standards to ensure that they reach above their best!
- You aren’t afraid of being given directions daily but are also willing to share your ideas on how to improve things
- You are highly data-driven and understand not only the importance of metrics but also how to interpret them.
- You are a proactive communicator - and can do so comfortably to both Mods, other (A)PMs, AMs, and the client.
- You have a Kaizen mindset (“How can we make this better?”) at all times.
Working hours and other details:
- You can work Tuesday - Saturday between the hours of 7pm PST - 4am PST; 40 hours per week consistently.
- Ability to take calls and meetings in a quiet and distraction-free environment.
- Pay range to be discussed in the interview stages, competitive towards industry norms.
To Apply: Click the "Apply For This Job" link on this page.
Requirement: Remote patch management and endpoint security software installed by ModSquad
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few. We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad's expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 70+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world. Visit us at modsquad.com.
Individuals seeking employment at ModSquad are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.