Associate Community Manager
Remote - USA /
Careers – Services-Account Management /
Required: Candidate is US-based, with strong knowledge of Canada (or Canadian expat).
Do you love the innovation and culture of social media? Do you watch the trends and quirkiness of brands on social media? Are you hungry to get involved with social media and community management? Are you looking to continue developing your career with diverse experiences and a great team? Rock on!
We're looking for an Associate Community Manager / Community Manager to support ModSquad social media and a game client's social media.
As a ModSquad Associate Community Manager, you will report to and support our social media community managers and strategists to develop great social media content for ModSquad. You will be a growing member of the team, helping to craft content, brainstorm ideas, and help digitally celebrate the ModSquad brand.
This is a RARE opportunity! And we’re looking to bring someone creative and clever, who has strong writing skills and wants to learn more about social media in the business landscape.
- The day-to-day tasks of a ModSquad associate community manager vary, but basic responsibilities include:
- Brainstorm activities, opportunities, and content for ModSquad
- Participate in crafting weekly content calendars
- Research and identify new trends in our services market and within social media usage and platform innovation.
- Monitor social media platforms for trending hashtags, chats, memes, etc.
- Work closely, efficiently, and effectively with ModSquad’s marketing and social media team
- Write and edit blogs
- Help support ModSquad activities and events
A successful candidate needs to have confidence and strength in the following abilities:
- Be a proactive, self-starter and independent contributor with follow-through on all initiatives.
- Have strong problem-solving, creative writing, and editorial skills.
- Showcase strong communication skills (and feel comfortable with communicating the good and the bad).
- Be genuinely interested in social media (tools, platforms, usage), and enjoy the trends and culture of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
- Be able to execute on community initiatives, measure results, and modify programs based on feedback.
- Retain and demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills and schedule to hit deliverable deadlines.
- Must have active Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts (other platforms like SnapChat, Twitch.tv, Youtube, etc a bonus)
- Must understand the different and balance between professionalism and meta, fun community initiatives.
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Tiktok
- The position requires excellent verbal and written skills, someone who is excited about social media and content creation, and has the ability to communicate, collaborate, and support effectively.
- Familiarity with Canadian culture
- Availability from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Pacific US hours)
To Apply: Click the "Apply For This Job" link on this page.
Qualified candidates will need to submit a sample of social media writing.
All interested parties will receive a response within two weeks.
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few. We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad's expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 70+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world. Visit us at modsquad.com.
Individuals seeking employment at ModSquad are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.