Design Specialist (Remote)
Los Angeles, CA
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
We are looking for someone who is a team player and is a fast learner. This person also shares a love for design, and feels comfortable and confident offering style advice helping customers make purchasing decisions. We are looking for someone who can go above and beyond with our customers, and can problem solve to ensure that our customers receive fast and delightful service and who ultimately love and buy the furniture in their designs.
Candidate must be able to work a minimum of 40hrs a week; between 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (in your respective time zone), including weekend hours to style and layout customer spaces. You must have excellent communication and organizational skills to meet hard deadlines of 2 hours per customer space.
- Respond to all customer inquiries regarding services, orders, designs, and online interactive tools through email, chat, and phone
- Assist with elevated customer interactions to help ease customer frustrations
- Use Modsy’s 3D layout tool to create new designs in a customer’s space based on their feedback.
- Recommend products from their virtual 3D rooms
- Consult with customers during real time one-on-one chat sessions to assist in redesigns and room edits
- Connect with contractors as necessary to meet build-out completion deadlines
- Partner with other stylists to ensure customer’s needs and requests are successfully captured in the designs
- Overcome objections to purchase furniture
- Adhere to customer follow-up time lines
- Gather feedback from customers and record in appropriate spreadsheets
- Report system issues and enter tickets to fix
- Flexibility while working for fast-paced tech start-up
- Relevant interior design work experience (E-Styling experience preferred)
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays
- Background in Interior Design, Art History, or Architecture
- Prior interior design or styling experience preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Customer-centric orientation
- Critical thinking abilities
- Tech savvy
- Experience with Auto-CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, 2020, etc. is a plus
- Pass Modsy Style Network Certification
An assessment test is also required to assess technical skills and written communication. Pay is based on experience and location.
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.