Mobile (iOS) Engineer
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to help architect, develop, and test a brand new iOS Consumer App.
You’ll be responsible for all of our customer-facing and internal applications, working with a team of true experts to deliver amazing, high-quality applications. Our use of 3D web technology further raises the bar on performance and cross-browser, cross-device compatibility. We’re tackling some of the most novel challenges in the space to create truly immersive experiences for our users.
As a technology-driven, design company, we wholeheartedly believe in bringing together a diverse mix of great, technical and creative people to make something that's truly visionary. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Modsy team. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core part of our values, and we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to build the best product for our customers.
If you’re an engineer who finds it gratifying to watch thousands of people use your work to design their homes then this is the role for you.
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer facing new products, platforms and features
- Perform detailed technical design and implementation of complex iOS applications
- iOS app development using: Swift / Objective-C (all new development is in Swift)
- Participate with Product Management in the definition, prioritization and sizing of requirements utilizing Agile methods
- Establish and monitor best practices for the iOS mobile application suite, working across the team(s) and contracted resource
- 3+ years of strong object-oriented application development experience
- 2+ years of complex iOS mobile application development experience
- Has built scalable apps from the ground up
- Strong understanding of Objective-C and/or Swift
- Solid grasp of iOS networking and REST Web Services
- Familiarity with iOS provisioning and App Store deployment
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architectures.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
Benefits of working with us
- A chance to revolutionize the way people design their homes through cutting-edge technology
- Competitive Salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers
- Commuter reimbursement
- Free design packages
- Discounts up to 40% on merchandise from hundreds of retailers
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.