San Francisco, CA
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As the Operations Manager over 3D, you will report to the VP of Operations, and be an integral part of the Modsy Operations team. You will lead an internal team alongside an extensive network of global 3D vendors. You and your team will be responsible for managing and scaling our complex 3D vendor network supporting room and prop building and ensuring our overall pipeline meets our customer commitments. Driving quality, throughput and cost leverage over time, the Operations Manager will partner with our vendor network and internal partners to scale our operational pipeline. In addition, you and your team will work cross functionality with product management and engineering to further develop Modsy’s proprietary 3D and pipeline management tools. The ideal candidate will be a strong operator, have great vendor management skills, be highly analytical and have some experience in and/or a passion for 3D design. In addition, this leader should be passionate about people, product and leveraging technology to drive a better client experience.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Build and manage Modsy's vendor network to support 3D operations across room building and prop building and other related 3D work.
- Be critical in overseeing our ability to successful meet customer commitments across our pipeline
- Balance quality, cost and throughput of 3D operations while ensuring vendors meet Modsy's 3D standards.
- Develop and drive improvement to vendor scorecards and KPIs
- Partner with Product and Engineering to prioritize and implement automation across our proprietary 3D tools.
- Lead a small but mighty internal team of 3D Artists and experts.
- Build various operational solutions and service levels supporting our range of Modsy customer offerings.
- Continuously test and pilot new ways of working that result in improved customer experiences.
- Leverage your analytical and creative problem solving strengths to understand and improve the 3D pipeline
- Evolve Modsy’s 3D operations team with the right people, processes, and tools in place to support business growth.
- Have the ability to see and create the bigger long term picture yet quickly implement and iterate to drive impact.
- Drive operational excellence of the team
- Develop and grow direct reports to support their career aspirations and best selves
- Create and foster a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented team culture
We’ll be excited about you because your experience and qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years in an operational, analytical capacity - prior retail/consumer experience preferred
- Prior experience with 3D design in software, events, or architecture and/or 3Ds Max is preferred
- Experience working with and optimizing vendor partnerships
- Experience building teams from early stage to scale
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities
- A demonstrated ability to seamlessly zoom in and out of details; comfortable digging into data and details while simultaneously driving the business at a strategic level
- A proven ability to build teams and functions in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships with cross functional partners
- The ability to influence and drive results cross functionally in a way that enriches the company's culture and overall team performance
- A passion for data driven, client centric decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and problem solving skills
- A track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability across organizations]
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (0-20%)
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.