Part-time Stylist (Remote)
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
*To apply for this role, you must be located in one of the following states: CA, WA, OR, IL, NY, NC, GA, MN, WA, NJ
With the help of stylists within our diverse Style Network, Modsy helps customers visualize real furniture and decor in a 3D model of their exact room so they can design their homes and shop with confidence. Modsy’s Style Network is comprised of a talented group of creatives (we’re talking interior designers, graphic artists, architects, art historians, and more!) who have a passion for technology and interior design.
Stylist Role & Responsibilities
As a Modsy Stylist you will be responsible for designing beautiful customer spaces and helping them visualize the rooms of their dreams. Using Modsy’s designer platform and leveraging your design and style expertise combined with a customer-centric lens, you will personalize each room to meet each customer’s design needs.
This part time, work from home opportunity is great for someone passionate about home design who loves providing great customer service and wants to have fun along the way! This flexible opportunity is perfect for new designers looking to build their skills and a great chance for seasoned designers to continue their practice. From students, to folks with multiple side hustles, to stay at home parents this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Modsy Stylist is a contract position for people who can work at least 20 hours per week to create beautiful designs for our customers. You can set your own schedule (knowing Lead support is available between 6am and 6pm PST.)
- Background in Interior Design, Art History, or Architecture
- Prior interior design or styling experience preferred
- Ability to work a consistent schedule of at least 20 hrs a week - you set your schedule!
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Customer-centric orientation
- Critical thinking abilities
- Tech savvy
- Experience with Auto-CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, 2020, etc. is a plus
- U.S. resident
- Passing Modsy Style Network Certification
- Computer Requirements:
- Modsy’s designer platform only runs on the following. Please confirm you can meet the following requirements before applying.
- Mac: Any desktop Mac, 2015 or later; MacBook Pro or Air, Mid-2015 or later; 8 Gb of RAM
- Windows: 2015 or later; Intel HD 4000 graphics or better; 8 Gb of RAM
- Resources: Fast Internet speed, may require upgrading internet service; Computer mouse; 20” monitor (nice to have)
Interested in becoming a Modsy Stylist? Follow these easy steps:
- Apply online!
- Complete the Modsy Style Test and Design Assessment (this will be sent to you after you apply)
- Attend a phone call with our recruiter
- Get Certified as a Modsy Stylist and start designing real customers’ spaces!
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.