Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
About the Role
As a General Accountant on the Finance team, you’re number one mission will be ensure accuracy of financial reporting to support financial data integrity. You’ll work closely with Operations, Merchandising, and CX, and own projects around accounting process improvement. You’ll dive into areas requiring process and improvement to create efficiency and scalability.
You'll be excited about this role because you will:
- Establish relationships with Operations, Merchandising & CX to understand accounting implications and areas for process improvement
- Develop knowledge of current financial systems and tools
- Establish fiscal close calendar and timing and create month-end checklist including journal entries, reconciliations and reporting
- Become the go-to person for general accounting, payroll and accounts payable
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Own monthly, quarterly and annual variance flux analysis for Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Develop, implement and maintain key accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare audit schedules that may be requested by the auditors
- Support for ad-hoc projects and request as required
We’ll be excited about you because your experience and qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
- Excited about building and refining processes and controls and enabling automation
- Skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Experience with Xero, Gusto and Stripe is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - effectively presenting insights is as important as the insights themselves and have the ability to succinctly explaining complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- A positive and “can do” attitude - those comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment who are passionate about Modsy will thrive here!
- Are self-sufficient, learn autonomously, and are self-motivated and have excellent follow-through, responsiveness, and are not easily overwhelmed
- Strong time management skills; multi-task and prioritize workloads; effectively identify and resolve problems
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.