Content & Editorial Stylist
San Francisco, CA
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
At Modsy, our goal is to create tons of beautiful, curated, editorial images of interiors each week, we’re looking for a Content and Editorial Stylist to help generate the 3D images of these interiors. You will work alongside a Creative Stylist and our Content Team to bring visual briefs to life via 3D imagery. You will use our proprietary software (that’s easy to learn) to design interiors, set lighting and cameras, and generate 3D images that will be used in social media and on the Modsy blog.
The Content and Editorial Stylist role will include:
- Learn how to design, light, and create imagery using Modsy’s proprietary software.
- Use Modsy’s software to deliver high-quality lifestyle images that bring the creative briefs to life.
- Work with Style and Marketing team for content and art direction. Receive critiques and reviews of imagery, then rework and edit images to ensure it meets the highest level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interior design background and knowledge of how to design beautiful spaces, style and prop them, and generate amazing lifestyle images
- An impeccable eye and experience working in with lifestyle or catalog photography for an interior design company or furniture brand.
- An understanding of how to identify different styles and achieve those looks from scratch, and how to group products to convey a certain style aesthetic for both aspirational and “real-life” purposes.
- The ability to learn new software and apply real life knowledge to experiment with new techniques in the digital world.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you and you’re interested in applying, please share a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create beautifully photographed spaces.
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.