3D Graphics Engineering Lead, Room Reconstruction
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
*We're looking for candidates in either Montreal or Toronto!
Modsy’s success designing and furnishing homes has led to the development of a new vertical. This new pre-construction vertical will cater to customers who are buying a newly constructed home. Customers will be able to customize finishes, appliances, and materials before the home is built. Then, Modsy will style their future home enabling customers to furnish their home before they move in. It’s the ultimate personalization for the ultimate life purchase.
As Engineering Lead on room reconstruction, you will join the product and engineering leadership team, and be tasked with leading engineers dedicated to lightning fast room reconstruction in the context of our design service and pre-construction vertical.This is a player/coach role where you will flex your abilities across leadership, technical direction, hiring and performance management.
This Engineering Lead role will include:
- Collaborate on defining the software architecture for the pre-construction vertical that will visualize and configure homes using Modsy’s patented room reconstruction tools, including a customer-facing experience
- Lead the development of new room reconstruction tools for our design service
- Hire and lead a team of engineers who are experts in 3D programming, UX and services architecture
- Enhance and maintain existing whitelabeled partnerships with brands like Crate and Barrel and CB2
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading small engineering teams proficient across multiple disciplines like 3D and services
- A background in computer graphics and linear algebra
- Worked in industries related to CAD software, video games, construction collaboration, construction workflow services, and/or architecture visualization
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to lead teams to break down complex problems into solvable pieces
- Experience releasing and maintaining high traffic products and services quickly while managing excellence in site reliability
- Excellent communication skills enabling transparency and excitement around upcoming deliverables and wins!
- Strong analytical abilities and able to query and access data to justify and defend decisions
- A customer centric mindset integrating user research and feedback into products and services to ensure meaningful problems are solved intuitively
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical leadership role
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.