Director of Merchandise Operations & Supply Chain
San Francisco, CA
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As the Director of Merchandise Operations & Supply Chain, you will report to the VP of Operations and be responsible for leading Modsy's order management, supply chain/logistics and merchandising operations functions. As key operations leader, you will be responsible for establishing a strategy for our supply chain, order management and vendor onboarding functions while overseeing day to day operations and inspiring a team. Working closely with the Merchandising team, you will be responsible for ensuring our supply chain supports and evolves with our merchandise offering and that our vendor onboarding processes and systems scale to meet business needs. You will lead the creation of Modsy’s strategy for managing product data and partner across the organization to bring it to life.
The ideal candidate will have a background in supply chain operations, vendor management with a knowledge of master data management, vendor set-up, and e-commerce. Passionate about people, product and leveraging technology and data to drive a better client experience, this strategic thinker with a strong analytical background must align with Modsy’s core values and be superior at leading high performing teams.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Lead multiple operations functions, helping them scale to support Modsy's growing business goals
- Establish and continuously improve Modsy's supply chain to lower costs and provide an improved customer experience
- Drive strategic tools investment with Product & Engineering to streamline operations and gain leverage.
- Continue to enhance our vendor and item onboarding processes to support Modsy's marketplace.
- Lead team to work with vendors and retailers to establish appropriate data connectivity and governance
- Build/Lead Modsy’s merchandising operations team with the right people, processes, and tools in place to support business growth and data driven decision making.
- Ensure product data strategy is in place and effectively implemented in partnership with internal teams and vendors.
- Have the ability to see and create the bigger long term picture yet quickly implement and iterate to drive impact.
- Drive operational excellence of the team
- Develop and grow direct reports to support their career aspirations and best selves
- Create and foster a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented team culture
We’ll be excited about you because your experience and qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain, operations, or systems implementations working for an innovative retailer or ecommerce company
- A demonstrated track record of building an ecommerce businesses
- Experience building teams from early stage to scale
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities
- A demonstrated ability to seamlessly zoom in and out of details; comfortable digging into data and details while simultaneously driving the business at a strategic level
- Knowledge of the home category is essential
- A proven ability to build teams and functions in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships with cross functional partners
- The ability to influence and drive results cross functionally in a way that enriches the company's culture and overall team performance
- A passion for data driven, client centric decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and problem solving skills
- A track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability across organizations]
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (0-20%)
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.