Assistant Project Manager
Lewisville, TX /
Project Management /
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for providing overall administrative and construction support for our Project Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all aspects of project documentation including submittals, RFIs and project meeting minutes
2. Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by the Project Manager including planning and coordinating, circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
3. Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing) control logs; prepare required logs and other project documentation for construction meetings
4. Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and timely
5. Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors’ contracts
6. Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner and Maintenance Manuals.
7. Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed
8. Interacts with Subcontractors to make certain that we have obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and Maintenance Manuals
9. Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date
10. Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
11. Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned to area of responsibility
12. Monitor other contractors’ activities and progress
13. Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and establishing Job Files
14. Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project Manager's absence
15. Prepares price change orders and project reports and documentation
16. Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll information
17. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a construction-related role
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment, and methods required
- Strong organizational, record-keeping, and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ expectations and requirements
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
10% - 25%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: March 2016