Smart Contact Lens AR/VR UI Prototyping Engineer
Saratoga, CA /
Design – Design /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
What you will do
- Smart contact lenses are a new computing platform, calling for original paradigms of human-computer interaction. This role is a historic opportunity to be part of the invention of a new interaction medium.
In this role, you will
- Working closely with UX designers, build rapid prototypes to explore and perfect original UI patterns for smart contact lenses.
- Build demos of scenarios that show how smart contact lenses apply to various customer use cases.
- Build tools to aid in user research and usability testing of smart contact lens UIs
- Transfer knowledge to the engineering team for development of production UIs and UI toolkits
Who you are
- You have extensive experience building spatial user interfaces with AR/VR (augmented realty / virtual reality) projects in Unity.
- You have experience coding nuanced UI controls from the ground up, experimenting and polishing until the interaction feels obvious, efficient and satisfying to users.
- You love making experiences feel great for people. You are naturally user-centered, have an intuition about what makes UXes work. You are a pragmatic perfectionist, willing to relentlessly experiment and go the extra mile to make the interactions feel great.
- You have built dynamic user interfaces for mobile, web and desktop using the latest UI toolkit (iOS, Android) and paradigms. You know what makes a UI toolkit great in 2020.
- You are a versatile, resourceful developer, with a track record of pulling together unfamiliar technologies as needed to achieve an outcome. You have experience integrating hardware devices into your projects.
- You have a track record of innovation and invention, as shown by a patent portfolio.
- You possess a CS degree or equivalent
Ideally, you also…
- You have been involved in the creation of UI toolkits / SDK APIs at places like Apple or Google.
- You can provide a portfolio or set of work samples
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.