Firmware Test Engineer
Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
You will be part of a larger team designing and building complex systems using a combination of custom ASICs, FPGA, and other off-the-shelf components. You will be working with systems relevant to real-time video/graphics, signal processing, sensor fusion and wireless data communication.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of embedded firmware and software and the safety of our product
- Work closely with firmware & hardware engineer to come up with test plans, evaluating test coverage, documenting test results
- Perform and assist in root cause analysis of complex bugs and failures
- Recommend and validate the necessary tools for conducting software & HAL testing
- Recommend and validate the necessary tools and fixtures for conducting embedded firmware testing with hardware in the loop
- M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or B.S. with relevant experience
- Working experience with GTest or similar test suite and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working across different tiers of A & M classes of ARM processors
- Working experience with modern debugging techniques for embedded FW running on ARM-based systems, such as: GDB, trace debugging, RTOS-aware debugging
- Enthusiastic interest in embedded systems & programming
- C & Python expert, comfortable working with FreeRTOS & LINUX
- You are an excellent communicator, resourceful, organized at all times, takes pride in beautiful work products
- Experience with FMEA, regulatory approval (FDA, FCC)
- Experience with Hardware in Loop Testing
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.