Director, Hardware Product Management
Saratoga, CA /
Product – Product Management /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for a director of hardware product management to lead our smart contact lens and accessories programs. You will use your deep understanding of customer needs, your ability to predict future market requirements and your extensive hardware product development experience to guide Mojo’s products through planning and prototyping to execution and launch. Through your leadership and influence, you will be responsible for the Mojo Lens customer experience, its product positioning, and overall product performance. You will obsess over creating something that hasn’t been done before and can tenaciously work through technical challenges and solutions. You want to change the way that our customers will interact with the world and with each other.
- Own the definition, launch and market performance of the Mojo Lens product as well as its accessories.
- Work closely with the hardware and software engineering, design, clinical, quality, manufacturing and marketing teams to understand their key objectives and priorities and to develop a shared vision of product and company success.
- Drive Mojo’s product life cycle from inception to execution to productization to end of life. Evaluate mechanical designs, prototypes, and production decisions as part of the product life cycle. You will have the insight and understanding to make appropriate tradeoffs.
- Assess and anticipate customer needs and market trends and craft user requirements and narratives across different enterprise and consumer scenarios. Communicating these requirements to the broader team will be a critical part of your success.
- Use your experience in industry research and analysis to understand the competitive landscape and translate requirements into a well-defined product strategy and roadmap.
- Own Mojo’s hardware product roadmap and collaborate with design, engineering, hardware and software engineering, and clinical teams on future products, features and requirements.
- Ensure Mojo’s products can be delivered on schedule and on budget at high quality and with utmost safety.
- You have 7+ years of hardware product management experience and have successfully brought multiple consumer, enterprise, mobile or medical device products to market internationally.
- You should be self-motivated and have a sense of urgency to quickly define customer requirements, get prototypes built and test/validate product assumptions.
- You are data-driven but can also make decisions with incomplete information. You are not afraid to revisit past decisions or challenge assumptions when new information becomes available.
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate and articulate complicated problems into easily understand solutions and requirements. Communication is your superpower.
- You have experience building and managing product management teams. You are also not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the work done yourself.
- You are innately curious about technology trends and can dive deep with engineers and scientists as needed to understand technology options and product tradeoffs.
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another engineering field.
- You have worked on medical devices or similarly regulated products.
- You have worked as a software product manager and have experience with agile development.
- You have shipped a software operating system or enterprise software solution.
- You have an MBA or equivalent advanced degree focused on business, marketing, or corporate strategy.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.