Sr. Technical Program Manager, Medical Devices
Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Engineering Management /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
As a Technical Program Manager at Mojo you will have the opportunity to engage with multidisciplinary hardware and software engineers to deliver a ground-breaking electronic device.
This position requires the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then successfully deliver them in a timely manner. An ability to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs and technical constraints is essential. Sound judgment, effective communication, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical debugging, and leadership are also key for success in this role.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the entire lifecycle of a project: concept, planning, execution, test, launch, and updates
- Gain a technical understanding of the project to allow effective prioritization of tasks and early identification of issues
- Effectively work with teams spanning multiple disciplines such as hardware, software, mechanical design, and user experience to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule, functionality, or quality of the product
- Prior experience in the development, launch, and subsequent updates of a complex, multi-disciplinary commercial product
- Experience in the development and launch of a medical device project
- Good working knowledge of standards associated with medical device development and design control including IEC 60601 and ISO 13485
- Master in EE, ME, or CS
- Minimum of 10 years work experience as a program or project manager
- Program management certification such as PMP or CSM
- Project management experience with research teams/projects
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.