Sr. Android Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
At Mojo, we’re inventing new solutions that shift our focus away from our screens and devices, back to the world around us through Invisible Computing. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re creating a platform and solutions for enhancing human vision and achievement.
We are a well-funded startup building a ground-breaking consumer product. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for passionate senior/staff level Android software engineers to design and develop the software for our revolutionary product. You understand what it takes to deliver an excellent connected software for consumer devices. Your primary responsibility will be developing the software components for Android apps, networking with embedded devices and cloud services. You thrive working in ambiguous new product categories by working collaboratively with others and leading initiatives to drive for smart and robust software resolutions.
- Develop high quality software for Android phone.
- You are collaborative with an open mindset. At the same time, you have the courage to take a stand.
- Work closely with products, hardware, and UI/UX design teams to understand their vision, objectives, and alignments.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints for software projects.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and a good sense of urgency
- Being both a problem solver and a quick coder
- A master in Android app development, familiar with latest Android technologies and trends
- Development and design experiences on UI frameworks and/or AR/VR frameworks are big pluses
- Expertise in one of the following: Flutter, graphics and OpenGL, AR/VR, Bluetooth, USB, AI and computer vision, camera
- Fluent in Java or Kotlin, and Git
- 7+ years of software dev experience
- Track record of successful on-time delivery of software products
- Team player, open mindset, and comfortable working with star developers
- A degree in Computer Science, or a related Engineering field.
- Experience in C, C++, or Python
- Experience with agile development.
- Independent software project design experience.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.