Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Operations /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
- Work with scientists and engineers to support manufacturing efforts including electrical/electronic fabrication; assembly and modification of printed circuit boards; assembly and disassembly of electronic devices.
- Fabricate, assemble and disassemble moderately complex electronic devices and experimental apparatus using standard hand tools, soldering, test and measurement equipment.
- Rework assemblies both electrically and mechanically when needed
- Understand and adhere to specified Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), written Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI) complying with FDA requirements and ISO standards. .
- Proficiency in use of machines and tools not limited to but including: 10x loupes, microscopes, soldering stations, UV curing systems
- Document processes accurately in accordance with Good Documentation Practices standards.
- Once trained, the Production Technician will be responsible for performing any number of the following processes, dependent on product line and manufacturing process:
- Machine set-up, calibration, adjustments, installations and work-In-progress inspection.
- Solder components following work instructions onto printed circuit boards with a soldering iron or other equipment.
- Regularly checks work samples to assure proper machine results and to make adjustments, modifications or part replacements.
- Regularly inspects parts to assure proper machine results and makes any necessary adjustments or modifications according to procedure.
- Perform equipment cleaning duties as necessary.
- Maintain regular surveillance of overall production Operations involving equipment, answers questions and may demonstrate use of machinery.
- As directed, troubleshoots problems and makes equipment adjustments, changes or recommendations to the Operations Coordinator and/or Supervisor.
- Perform other technical or support services related to production as directed.
- May evaluate new or prototype equipment relative to production.
- Maintain records and information according to procedure.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent printed circuit board assembly techniques, including lead and lead-free soldering
- Experience soldering surface mount and through hole components by hand and under a microscope.
- Intermediate skills, knowledge and abilities in electronics fabrication, inspection, or micro-fabrication which may be application specific.
- Ability to read and interpret moderately complex electrical, electronic and mechanical drawings and work from verbal instructions.
- Exhibits good communication skills – verbal, written, and comprehension of the English language.
- Adhered to Standard Operating Procedures and Regulatory requirements.
- Follows appropriate safety and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Basic computer systems knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Get trained and adhere by Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the consequences of not following them.
- Must have manual dexterity and steady hands working with small hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, tweezers, torque screw drivers, work under microscope, etc.
- Have the ability to perform repetitive tasks and willing to get cross-trained on multiple workstations is required.
- Possess good knowledge of the use and operation of metrology and inspection equipment to obtain results of process and production performance in order to maintain them.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Operator role or similar experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.