System Test Engineer
Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
At Mojo, we’re inventing new solutions that shift our focus away from our screens and devices, back to the world around us through Invisible Computing. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re creating a platform and solutions for enhancing human vision and achievement.
We are a well-funded startup building a ground-breaking consumer product. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for a system test engineer responsible for designing test platforms and developing and executing test plans to validate our ultra-low power Integrated Circuits as well as our complex integrated systems. You will be working with systems consisting of wireless data, wireless power delivery, batteries, imaging and high-performance sensors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with ASIC and PCB designers to develop test plans for IC and system bring-up and validation
- Prepare digital and analog measurement set-ups and run the tests
- Analyze test results and author design verification test reports
- Automate the measurement set-up using python/C/MATLAB scripts to communicate with the hardware and test instruments and post-process the data
- Design and build PCBs, mechanical assemblies and control systems
- Select parts needed to build test systems and develop code needed to operate them. This may include complex micro-controller or FPGAs.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- BS in EE or CE, MS preferred
- 4+ years of work experience in hardware validation and testing
- Programming expertise in Python, C/C++, Perl
- Hands-on experience with electronics test equipment such as mixed-signal oscilloscopes, multimeters, source measure units, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Experience with semiconductor and custom IC characterization & regression tests
- Experience with design and debugging of circuit boards
- Familiarity with board schematic and layout tools
- Familiarity with micro-controllers
- Familiarity with FPGA programming
- Hands on with creating test infrastructures, test plans and reports
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent communication skills and technical writing ability
- Experience in using Altium tool suite
- Experience with wireless system design and sensitive RF circuits
- Experience in characterizing battery cells
- Experience with motion sensing, navigation & location tracking systems
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.