Staff Engineer, Embedded Applications
Engineering – Software Engineering /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are looking for passionate software engineers to develop applications for our revolutionary product. You will be an early member of a software team responsible for developing UI and logic to bring about an unparalleled experience to our users, for vision enhancement, augmented reality, and many other use cases. You are primarily responsible for developing embedded applications leveraging your skills and experience in 2D or 3D graphics and spatial computing, and yet may also be involved in developing UI engine and framework. You thrive working in ambiguous new product categories by collaborating with others and leading initiatives to drive for smart and robust software solutions.
- Develop high quality mixed reality software applications for embedded environments
- Contribute to the development of a novel UI framework
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand vision, objectives, and alignment, and develop technical specifications and evaluate design trade-offs
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints
- Work closely with other members of the software team
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural reviews, team presentations.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- Have a commitment to the highest product quality
- Perform formal risk analysis and develop software mitigations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 7+ years of experience in development embedded applications or mobile apps
- 3+ years of experience in developing AR / VR, or accelerated graphics applications
- Proficiency with 3D math and 3D graphics and 3D user experiences
- Experience with OpenGL, WPF or similar 3D graphics API
- Fluent in Git, modern C++ or Java, desire to learn new languages as needed
- Being both a problem solver and a quick learner
- Track record of successful on-time delivery of software products
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Understanding of commonly used messaging, RPC frameworks and their associated tradeoffs for use in distributed embedded systems
- Strong ability to isolate and debug interdependent hardware/software problems
- A desire to deliver a quality and innovative product that improves people’s lives
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry
- Experience with 3D engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience with 2D app frameworks such as Flutter
- Experience with 2D graphics backends such as Skia or Cairo
- Proficiency in hardware abstraction, memory management, and performance optimization
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. Our headquarters is in Saratoga, CA. Many members of the software team are in the SF bay area but not everyone is. If you are interested in joining our team and enjoy working from home this could be an excellent opportunity.