Sr. Product Manager
Product – Product Management
At Mojo, we’re inventing new solutions that shift our focus away from our screens and devices, back to the world around us through Invisible Computing. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re creating a platform and solutions for enhancing human vision and achievement.
We are a well-funded startup building a ground-breaking consumer product. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are a well-funded startup that is building a ground-breaking consumer hardware product. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for a passionate software product manager to lead the software experience for our revolutionary product. You understand the big picture of what it takes to deliver a seamless and delightful experience for connected device to consumer and enterprise customers. You will be an integral part of the product management team that drives product experience from customer acquisition, OOBE, product life-cycle to customer support. Your primary responsibility will be developing and guiding the direction and specification of all the software components from cloud services, mobile apps, embedded software, OTA updates and SDK APIs and development tools. You thrive working in ambiguous new product categories by working collaboratively with others and leading initiatives to drive for product resolutions.
- You are collaborative with an open mindset. At the same time, you have the courage to take a stand.
- Creating the software platform strategy for our products and services.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Work closely with engineering, marketing and design across our organization to understand their vision, objectives, and alignments.
- You will own the software product specification; you have the insight and understanding to build consensus among the team to make the appropriate tradeoffs
- Working closely with the rest of the product, marketing and design organization to ensure the overall product experience is seamless and cohesive between hardware, software and services.
- Engage consumer and enterprise customers to understand customers’ stated and unstated needs and then translate these insights into demonstrators and product specifications for the development team; you will make sure things can be delivered on time and with high quality.
- Balancing the fast-iterative software development process with the rigor and precise focus of hardware firmware development.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Team player, open mindset and ability to learn from failures.
- You should be self-motivated and have a sense of urgency to drive for results. At the same time have the wisdom and insights to be patient.
- Track record of successful delivery of product initiatives, execution, and release of software, web services, mobile applications.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated and ambiguous problems into easily understand solutions and requirements.
- 7+ years of software product management.
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or an Engineering field.
- You have experience with agile development.
- You have shipped a software operating system or enterprise software.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.