Senior Antenna Test Engineer
Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Electromagnetics /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
- RF characterization measurements of antennas throughout the design life cycle. Measurements of antenna parameters, over the air sensitivity, radiated power, and relevant system level parameters.
- Create and develop antenna test plans. Management and planning of schedules for antenna test facilities.
- Design and fabrication of fixtures, harnesses etc. for robust antenna measurements for various body worn formfactors.
- Management and upkeeping of antenna test equipment.
- Setup, calibrate and maintain compact anechoic chamber measurement system
- Support new ideas, proof of concept, demonstration of antenna communication system in a lab. environment.
- Obtain, distill and summarize key antenna measurement results to influence engineering design decisions.
Hard Skills Key to Role
- 5+ years of experience in antenna testing for wearable devices
- Knowledgeable with hands-on experience in antenna measurements including de-embedding fixtures, SOLT, SOLR and TRL calibration methods.
- Proficiency in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching/tuning, smith chart and transmission line and electromagnetic theory.
- Extremely comfortable with laboratory work and equipment such as Network Analyzers, Anechoic Chamber, Spectrum Analyzer, body phantom, antenna prototyping tools and techniques.
- Passive/active antenna system testing experience both in near and far field.
- Basic PCB design and layout with tools such as Altium
- Knowledgeable in SAR measurements and standards
- Understanding of ISM WI-FI / BT / wireless charging regulatory standards
- Solidworks or other CAD tools
- 3D printing
- Experience with CST or other simulation tools a plus
- Background knowledge in antenna array, antenna diversity, antenna polarization and multipath effects.
- MS or PhD / 5+ years’ experience
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.