Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for an experienced hardware engineer to help us build our wearable device. You will be part of a larger team designing and building complex systems using a combination of custom ASICs, MCUs, SOCs, FPGA, and other off-the-shelf components. You will be working with systems consisting of wireless data, wireless power delivery, batteries, imaging, real-time video/graphics and high-performance sensors
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for all aspects of our wearable device hardware, from system design, parts selection, schematic & PCB design, mechanical design, manufacturing and deployment, bring-up and testing
- Work closely with our HW, SW and ASIC teams to develop system requirements, design approach & HW/FW/SW partition
- Support our ASIC and SW development teams with any hardware needs
- Building and maintaining CAD library components: schematic symbols, PCB foot-prints, 3D models, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ as a hardware engineer
- Proven track record in designing high-volume consumer electronics/communication devices/wearables from concept to production
- Deep experience with the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging
- Experience with the manufacturing process and design rules for PCB, SIP, Flex, etc. development
- Extensive working experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with signal integrity simulation and debug, dealing with sensitive analog and RF signals
- Meticulous, organized, and excellent communicator
- Experience with FMEA, regulatory approval (FDA, FCC)
- Experience working with & managing contract manufacturers, external PCB design houses
- Working experience with any of these is a plus:
- Experience with wireless system design and sensitive RF circuits
- Experience with motion sensing, navigation & location tracking systems
- Experience with 3D graphics, embedded vision systems, video and image processing pipelines
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.