Chemistry Laboratory Support Technician
Saratoga, CA /
Engineering – Advanced Process Development /
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
Mojo Vision’s materials group is responsible for designing, developing and characterizing innovative materials for a medical device.
The group is currently looking for a technician to provide operational and technical support to the chemistry and application labs. Support includes mixing formulations, thermal-, photo- and dual curing as well as polymerization of materials, organization of laboratory supplies and maintenance of instruments. Additionally, the candidate will contact vendors for placing and tracking orders, supporting other research groups.
- Synthesis: Mixing formulations
- Synthesis: Thermal-, photo- and dual curing of materials
- Synthesis: Preparation of required solutions and medias from protocols
- Analysis: Perform characterization tests such as mechanical pull tests, optical measurements.
- Analysis: Perform procedures such as extraction and water uptake
- Keep logs and record results in a reliable manner
- Lab support: Organization and stocking of lab supplies
- Lab support: Equipment maintenance, tests, calibration
- Support scientific staff in routine laboratory activities
- Must have previous laboratory experience including polymerization processes
- Must have previous experience keeping an organized laboratory and maintaining laboratory cleanliness
- Must be able to follow detailed protocols and multitask
- Must be proficient and comfortable with MS Office environment and MS Windows
- Receptive and eager to learn new skills
- At least 2 years of relevant laboratory and chemistry research experience is required
- College degree is an advantage
- Common computer operating skills
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly on daily work and consistently perform specific protocols. The candidate must be able to work closely with a team and communicate effectively to meet schedules and deadlines. The candidate will contact vendors for placing and tracking orders.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.