Engineering – Database Administrator
We are the fastest-growing technology startup in Indonesia. We want to bring business ecosystem to everyone, and empower businesses to sell and grow.
At Moka, we believe in values, not rules. We believe that it's not about the suits or the time check-ins, but it's about delivering on our promises. We believe in taking ownership and challenging ideas. We believe in being part of the solutions, not the problem.
If you want to be part of a world-class team with a mission to empower businesses sell and grow, come join us.
- Maintain, monitor, and support complex, mission-critical databases in an operational 24x7 enterprise environment.
- Database monitoring, performance tuning, and administration.
- Perform database updates and patches to support the system.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Work with developers to review schema and SQL changes to application software and make recommendations when needed.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-ups, and recovery specifications.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Respond to database related alerts and come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Required to work after hours to support production issues or scheduled maintenance or database releases.
- Performance tuning on regular generated queries.
- Review and assist developers in creating queries and stored procedures.
- Manage daily and weekly backups of all database systems.
- Manage replication applications for production database systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of Database Administration experience that includes multiple RDBMS with majority experience in PostgreSQL.
- Experience with PostgreSQL 9.6+ on AWS RDS.
- Working knowledge and experience in Linux and AWS RDS platforms.
- Working knowledge and experience in NoSQL DB is a plus
- Good knowledge of scripting on Linux.
- Experience in 24/7 Production environment is highly preferred. Database Administration support including weekends.
- Good knowledge of Disaster Recovery.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures as they relate to database management.
Moka is a technology company based in Jakarta (Indonesia) providing cloud-based Point-of-Sale and payment solutions that empowers small and medium-sized businesses to better sell and grow.
We are a one-stop solution for businesses. From Point-of-Sale, inventory system, and customer relationship management, to payment acceptance, business capital, and fresh ingredient management.
We are trusted by more than 20,000 merchants, and have presence in more than 200 cities across Indonesia.