Filtration Engineering Manager
Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We are seeking a Filtration Engineering Manager to join our growing team. Engineering at Molekule is responsible for developing and manufacturing products featuring our innovative PECO technology. This role is the first of it’s kind on our Innovation team, and provides technical leadership and ownership of our core technology. You will help build processes, capability, roadmaps, and standards, as well as the foundation for future endeavors related to filtration. You will play a key role bridging fundamental research, application science, and manufacturing. This is a cross-functional role that combines innovation, production, and manufacturing responsibilities in the filtration arena to deliver high quality products that push boundaries.
What's in it for you:
- Career Growth: Progress and learn technically, stability, career development/path in technical area critical to company goals
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
You will be responsible for:
- Full product life-cycle from development through production.
- Sustaining existing filtration products as needed and developing solutions to any problems related to manufacturing, process, or materials.
- Set-up, running, and inspection of validation tests. Preparation of required test reports
- Working with vendors and internal supply chain team to validate processes, materials, equipment, standards, and arrangements
- Research & innovation efforts including but not limited to the management, specifications, and design of the Filtration Analytical laboratory, as well as the supervision of laboratory technicians and support personnel
- Reviewing and testing state of the art materials and technology developed internally and externally
- Facilitating clear lines of communication and collaborative efforts between R&D, Engineering, and Manufacturing. This includes:
- Coordinating development activities with the Research Team, lab personnel, engineers, suppliers, and supply chain team in order to accomplish new developments in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with Hardware Engineers on the requirements for design, validation testing, and performance specifications
- Collaborating with Manufacturing Engineers on manufacturing techniques, equipment, specifications, and assembly requirements
What you bring to Molekule:
- 6+ years experience working within filtration in an engineering, R&D, or product development capacity
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficiency in Solidworks and/or CREO for Filter Design and Documentation
- Expertise in existing filtration technologies and interest in continued industry learning
- Experience with filtration development, including filtration media down-selection, filter element design, parameter optimization, validation testing
- Understanding of manufacturing processes required for non-woven filtration development, including but not limited to lamination, pleating, co-rolling, adhesion, heat staking, etc.
- Experience with high scale production of filtration products.
- Familiarity test standards and protocols in ASHRAE, AHAM, GBT, and other arenas related to filter design and application vetting
- Experience with Solidworks Flow, ANSYS. Willingness to specify and learn new tools as required.
- Familiarity working with filter industrial design
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines reliably
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Experience establishing processes and managing personnel to achieve team goals
- Interest in driving innovation through research, learning, testing, prototyping
Special consideration for candidates with:
- MS or PHD in Filtration related technical field
- Expertise in air filtration technologies in a wide variety of applications
- Understanding of fiber and textile manufacturing processes including extrusion, spinning, and fiber development
- Experience with textile and fiber specific modeling including GeoDict, FiberGeo or Other Filration Analytical Tools
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.