Senior Corporate Counsel
San Francisco, CA /
Legal – Legal /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a talented attorney with a strong transactional background to join our legal team as a Senior Corporate Counsel. Reporting to the General Counsel, your primary responsibility will be a broad range of commercial agreements. You’ll be joining a small team where you'll have the opportunity to both build and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization, as well as directly impact the success of Molekule. Molekule is a growing company located in San Francisco that is reinventing the air purification market with disruptive technology.
What you'll do:
- Draft, negotiate, and advise cross-functional teams on a wide variety of commercial agreements to support our U.S. and international business activities, including supply chain, distribution, and sourcing agreements, technology licensing agreements, nondisclosure agreements, IP agreements, marketing agreements (digital and non-digital), new business development initiatives, vendor contracts and other commercial contracts and matters
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice on various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations
- Manage and resolve complicated issues and risk assessments related to commercial deals, and drive alignment with various cross-functional teams
- Own the entire contracting cycle--from initial draft to execution--working with business teams to drive contract negotiations to timely and successful completion
- Advise business clients, as well as finance and other company colleagues, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property and business strategy
- Build, streamline, scale and operationalize the company’s contracting process, including the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Opportunities to contribute in other areas such as general corporate, regulatory, media and IP
What you bring:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience handling commercial contracts (with at least 3 years of experience at law firm), including complex transactions, and preferably within an e-commerce, consumer products and/or technology company handling consumer goods
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree and active membership in the California bar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/business issues
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Creative solution-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- International experience is a plus
- You believe in and are an advocate of Molekule’s internal values of: Humility, Determination & Grit, Passion, Ownership, Growth Mindset, Community and Communication
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.