Laboratory Test Engineer
Lakeland, FL /
Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We are looking for a Sr. Test Engineer to join our growing team. This role will involve technical leadership and ownership in our growing organization focused around development and management of a robust testing infrastructure to support Engineering, Research and Development, and Operations teams.
As part of the Technology Advancement team, you will work with Research and Development to vet emerging technology as it evolves and work with Engineering to understand and optimize the applications. You will be responsible for scoping, development, and operations of Molekule Technology testing infrastructure. This includes scoping the laboratory tools and systems needed to execute these aims. This is a cross-functional role focused on verification to deliver high quality technology and products that push the boundaries.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to have a meaningful impact in a fast paced startup developing new technology
- Concept to Execution responsibility managing experiments for component and system characterisation and validation
- Enable cross-functional knowledge development and transfer
- Career Growth: progress and learn technically, stability, career development/path in technical area critical to company goals
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own:
- Management, specification, and design of laboratory and tools within Molekule’s Technology Advancement lab
- Establish relationships with local vendors, contractors, and resources required for conceptual design and development of testing hardware
- Work with Engineering teams to identify knowledge gaps and develop test strategy and infrastructure to advance company knowledge
- Work with R&D Teams to understand emerging technologies and develop testing strategies
- Work with Operations teams to help develop Quality testing infrastructure
- Create clear test plans tracking key deliverables and manage documentation
- Maintain records, reports, communication, administration, and files necessary to accomplish and track job objectives
- Maintain and expand professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional development, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices
- Enhance existing methodology and processes to ensure continuous improvement
What you will bring to Molekule:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering testing experience
- Extensive experience designing test rigs/fixtures to validate and characterize systems, concepts, and technologies
- Proficiency with data acquisition systems, such as National Instruments, LabJack, eDaq and their associated scripting languages
- Proficiency with diagnostic tools including scopes, meters, and other test equipment
- Familiarity specifying components within a testing lab, including flow meters, orifices, pumps, motors, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, etc
- Proficiency in pressure, thermal, and instrumentation selection, calibration, usage, and maintenance
- Willingness to specify and learn new measurement techniques or skills as required
- Ability to analyze test data and document findings
- Ability to interpret engineering documentation including mechanical drawings, assembly layouts, wiring schematics, and component data sheets
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholder and 3rd parties
- Very comfortable in a self-directed laboratory environment
- Strong analytical problem solving skills coupled with creative mechanical design expertise
- Proven ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
What else you could bring:
- Advanced degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Past experience in filtration engineering and testing
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.