Android Mobile Developer
San José, Costa Rica
Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys air borne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
Molekule is seeking an Android contractor to assist our team in the development and maintenance of a in-house mobile application. Your main focus will be feature development/augmentation, bug fixing and overall support of an ongoing project. You will work alongside other engineers, designers and product managers as part of the mobile initiative. Essential to this role is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, industry good practices and the creation of quality code.
- Development and support of the Molekule Android application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features and enhancements
- Generate proof of concepts for bleeding edge technologies Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automation
- Design and develop testing strategies for assigned features
- 3+ Years of hands-on technical programming experience
- Deep understanding of the Android application life cycle
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Android’s most common design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- Experience in debugging on multiple mobile phone models
- Experience abstracting UI views using fragments
- Understanding of code versioning (Git flows)
- Knowledge of Bluetooth/SoftAP
- Familiar with Dagger2, Retrofit and HockeyApp
- Experience with Gradle dependency manager
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated tests
- Experience in C/C++iOS experience is big a plus
- Experience with reactive programing. JavaRx is a huge plus
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please email HR@Molekule.co or call or text 415.439.0018.