Sr Software Development Manager, eCommerce Platforms
San Francisco, CA /
IT – IT /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Senior Development Manager, eCommerce
Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys airborne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
Molekule is growing and so is our eCommerce traffic. We are adding product lines, supporting commercial customers, and growing our consumer base exponentially. We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our small but growing ecommerce development team, manage our platform vendors from selection through features development, manage site maintenance, and own our eCommerce Site technical execution roadmap.
What's in it for you
- You will take ownership of our B2C and B2B ecommerce site, build cool features, drive architecture and implementation strategy enabling Molekule’s success
- You will own the team hiring, on-shore/offshore resource definition, hire for key resources inhouse with extended SI partner teams to augment the team for successful execution
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own
- Manage, mentor and grow the current and growing ecommerce site and development team members
- Maintenance and restructuring of our current platform (Magento) to align with our current B2C business requirements
- Vendor selection and management of future eCommerce platform selection, migration, new launch of B2B and international sites
- Short and long term eCommerce technical roadmap
- Design, architecture, code development and system integrations
- Code reviews for your own team as well as internal and external partners
- Agile development process leading daily standups, sprint plans and business requirement meetings
- As one of the senior leaders, you will help uplevel dev processes for better code quality, faster deployment and more secure systems
What you bring to the team
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience building and maintaining eCommerce platforms (Magento preferred currently, but experience in other platforms will work)
- 6+ years of experience managing cross functional development teams
- Agile development experience, able to run and manage Agile delivery, bonus if you have implemented new Agile processes
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership, influence, leadership and project management
- Experience managing eCommerce platform vendors (ie, Magento, Demandware, CommerceTools, Hybris etc) and system integrators
- Experience in cloud hosting, esp with AWS or other Cloud platforms
- Deep industry knowledge integrating 3rd party platforms; we currently use Netsuite, Oracle, SAP, Avatax and Stripe/payment options, among others
- Agency/contractor partner management experience with onshore and offshore resources
- Comfortable in scrappy startup environments, wearing a lot of hats, and scaling growth
- Passion about code that is:
- Devotion to development culture, with a track record of implementing Best Practices like Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, CI/CD, etc., FAST OKR’s & performance metrics and setting the tone for other developers to create their best work (dev environment, containers, seamless test/deployment, protecting calendars for dev time, etc.)
What else you could bring
- Experience designing, building and managing teams on eCommerce platforms built in house
- Full stack web development coding ability in modern frameworks such as Angular, Vue, React, Node, etc.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.