San Francisco, CA
Brand – Brand
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We’re looking for a copywriter who is ready to get to the next level by doing a bit of everything. Digital ads, social media, Print, email, web, storytelling, scripting; you’ll be touching a lot of different projects on a small creative team with big goals. This is an ideal position for someone looking to build a portfolio with a wide variety of work. You’ll learn by doing on a team that values creativity, hard work, and creative development.
Are you still reading this? Stop that and start applying to join our team of great people working to clear the air for everyone.
Bonus: There are three typos in the above description. Let us know what they are.
You know the difference between their, there, and they’re. You’re an Oxford comma fanatic. You can craft the perfect headline in eight words or less (or is it fewer?). You push the boundaries of what a CTA button can say. You exude social media and can make captivating content that’s authentic, well written, and shareable. You’re conceptual, yet you also think in character count. You get excited pitching pie-in-the-sky ideas as well as practical ones. Emails? You might just be one of the dozen people in the world that loves writing them.
We’re not just looking for a great writer, but someone who truly loves writing in all forms, from that screenplay you’re writing on weekends to perfecting the art of the tweet. If you happen to like science, great, but you don’t need to be the next Bill Nye to fit in our team.
You’re a strategic thinker – someone who can see the forest for the trees, but is also good at rolling up the proverbial sleeves and being hands-on, nurturing the trees. You’ve got a strong point of view and you’re willing to share it, constructively. Likewise, you’re open to receiving feedback and learning from it. And you’re a team player – someone who can herd a room of stray cats and bring them together toward a common goal or purpose.
What's in it for you:
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own:
- Create digital ads to increase brand awareness and explore new ways to use existing channels (Facebook, Instagram, Stories, Snapchat, etc.)
- Create engaging videos for product launches, new features, TV, Direct Response, and more
- Own social. Concept and develop different themes while maintaining and evolving Molekule’s brand voice
- Write emails that aren’t terrible. Make it sound like there are real, live humans behind this brand
- Channel your creative freedom to try new concepts that evolve the brand as we continue to scale
- Concept and pitch campaign-level ideas. Actively participate in brainstorms and push for bold execution
- Ensure consistency of messages across all customer touchpoints
- Ensure copy is not just amazing but also tied to business strategies, objectives, and brand voice
- Be comfortable managing and editing copy from external agencies or contractors
What you will bring to Molekule:
- BS in Marketing, Journalism, English or a related field or relevant years of experience
- Experience with medical, health and beauty, or premium products a bonus
- 6+ years’ experience in-house or agency
- Proven advanced writing skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines reliably
- Proven attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to completely destroy airborne pollutants, leaving nothing but pure, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but clean the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but thats why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.