Regulatory Compliance Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Quality Engineering
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Engineer to drive various project certifications end to end, from development to launch, worldwide.
You will have the opportunity to impact this highly visible area of the company by working closely with labs to ensure accuracy and speed of results. You will collaborate with Engineers to understand product requirements and advise them of certification status.
Your success in this role will require you to build strong relationships throughout the company and with testing laboratories and consistently work with others in a genuinely collaborative manner. You will work with international teams and regional organizations to ensure that our product meets worldwide compliance standards and to ensure the critical deployment of new products and technologies.
This role will report to the Manager of Quality, Reliability & Compliance. With the recent launch of our second product, Air Mini, it’s an exciting time to join the team as we continue to scale and expand our audiences, as well as create a delightful user experience for our customers.
What's in it for you?
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexible schedule
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What will you own?
- Ensure that all company activities and operations are compliant with state and federal laws in the United States and internationally
- Research all regulatory changes and updates that affect certified product lines
- Build, implement, and maintain compliance programs, policies, procedures, monitoring, technology and training
- Participate in the development of international compliance strategy and document the submission process on new expansion countries
- Determine relevant compliance requirements for new technologies and products and provide requirements to support the product development teams
- Partner with outside counsel in preparation for various regulatory applications in the U.S. and abroad
- Work with third party development partners to execute certifications
- Manage internal and external regulatory examinations, audits, inquiries, and similar reviews
- Analyze sources of risk plus identify, document, and quantify the current and future risks
- Distill information to employees on regulations and compliance best practices
- Execute certification renewals on ongoing projects
- Provide regular status updates to management
- Deliver product/packaging/QSG certification requirements
What experience will you bring?
- 4+ years experience in compliance related functions
- Experience with state, federal and international regulators
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures, communications protocols, regulatory requirements and approval process
- Experience working closely with testing laboratories, submitting products for global approvals, and following through to obtain regulatory certifications, including
- Accustom to working collaboratively with Hardware, Software and Operations Engineers to understand initial requirements and any changes to product design as well as keep them apprised on certification status
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes
- Experience consulting with all levels of management and working collaboratively with various groups with potentially disparate priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience driving a project from concept to development and rollout
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and develop plans, thinking through connections and impact across Molekule
- Results-oriented, able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions
- Ability to be flexible, use sound judgment, solve problems, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Solution-minded and resourceful
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
If you have the desire to grow, learn, and bring your whole self, or feel that you don’t check all the boxes above, we encourage you to apply!
Join our methodical, practical, and purposeful team in helping the world breathe better!
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.