Cloud Development Manager
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineering – Software Engineering
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
As Molekule expands our product portfolio to enable us to bring clean air to more people throughout the world, our Cloud Software team is expanding to equip future products with the most elegant and cutting-edge IoT solutions, and it needs a leader.
We are looking for a Cloud Development Manager to design and develop cloud microservices to support our Molekule Air product portfolio. You will augment and build bench strength with our Costa Rica Cloud team. You will work cross functionally within Molekule to define, create, optimize and scale our solution connecting our devices, mobile applications and cloud infrastructure. You are an expert developer, and still love hands on coding. As our IoT SME, you will provide guidance for strategic decisions in Infrastructure, Data Processing, Security and Application Architecture.
As a Technical Leader in Molekule, you will also work closely with the rest of our leadership team to define and evangelize engineering culture as we mature our startup into world class device company. Your hard earned wisdom will be a valued voice among the executive team to retain our scrappy, collaborative culture while scaling engineering with best practices in architecture, development, automation, deployment, test and infrastructure.
What's In It For You:
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What You Will Own:
- Drive cross functional partnership with Firmware, Mobile, IT and QA to design end-to-end solutions in our cloud infrastructure (currently on AWS), IoT systems, data analysis and application security
- Work hands on with Software Team to code, implement and optimize the solutions
- Support testing of system and components to ensure the highest quality, reliability and scalability
- Work collaboratively with product management to develop applications using Agile methodologies
- Present requirements, designs and features to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership to Engineering as our growth and scale drives the need to mature our engineering culture, tool stack and processes consistently across geographically distributed teams (including automation, CI/CD, microservices, etc.)
- Establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence
What You Will Bring To Molekule:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years back end programming experience in a core language such as Java, C/C++ or .Net
- 5+ years of experience designing and deploying scalable and reliable system architectures
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing IoT cloud-based solutions, preferably on AWS
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams
- Ability to design high availability cloud applications across availability zones and availability regions
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining REST API’s
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, particularly Dynamo DB or Redis
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to technical and non technical stakeholders, executives and development teams
- Understanding of industry trends in emerging IoT practices, Mobile technologies and communications protocols
What Else You Could Bring:
- Expert level Java system architecture understanding
- Experience comparing and selecting cloud providers
- Familiarity with Serverless Application Models
- Experiencing implementing best practices in Agile, Microservices, CI/CD, TDD, etc.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.