Global Commodity Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Supply Chain /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is a San Francisco-based science and clean technology start-up that has developed a fundamentally new approach to cleaning air. Molekule uses nanotechnology to break down and completely eliminate pollutants on a molecular level. Allergens, bacteria, viruses, mold and airborne chemicals are converted into harmless elements that are meant to be in the air. We’ve already seen our technology change lives. Our customers regularly report reduced allergy symptoms, better sleep quality and improvement in air quality indoors.
We believe that healthy lifestyles start by improving something you do every second of everyday, breathe. We’re looking for people who are passionate about health, science, and technology and are excited to build products that fundamentally improve our everyday lives. Come help us build the next generation of air purification technology!
Molekule is looking for a Global Commodity Manager who will collaborate cross functionally to develop the supply chain and sourcing strategies for packaging, soft goods, and electrical commodities. In this role, you'll be responsible for the execution of these strategies, including effective assessment and evaluation of potential new suppliers, supplier selection, contract and cost negotiations as well as ongoing supplier management. As part of the ongoing commodity management, you will understand market aspects and be recognized as a global industry expert within Molekule.
What you'll work on:
- Manage the development and implementation of procurement initiatives. Interface with cross functional teams to support new product development strategies, optimizing material selection to drive best cost, predictable availability, and quality.
- Support strategic sourcing strategies and develop/maintain supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in accordance with the commodity strategy to drive supplier selection and overall commodity strategy management
- Develop cost models and understanding of key cost drivers.
- Work with Engineering leaders and Supplier Quality Engineering to integrate supplier performance requirements into all suppliers.
- Ensure continuity of supply, support clear to build, drive necessary and timely action for potential supply issues.
- Interface with suppliers, contract manufacturers, and internal cross functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support all business goals and objectives.
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years of materials, supply chain or commodity management experience
- Experience managing packaging commodities and working cross functionally with Brand, ID, and Product.
- Experience managing electrical commodities and working cross functionally with engineering.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership.
- Understanding of Principles of Sourcing Strategy and Supply Chain Management.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- BS/BA degree; MBA a plus.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.