Sr Manager - Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging
San Francisco, CA /
People – People /
Molekule, voted Best Places to work in the Bay Area in 2019!
Molekule is looking for a passionate Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging (IDB) Manager to own the execution of the company’s Inclusion, Diversity & and Belonging (IDB) programs, as well act as facilitator for our recently formed IDB Committee. As our first dedicated IDB professional, you will work to promote and implement our IDB strategy in a way that educates, expands and grows our culture. You will work closely with our People leaders and collaborate with our CEO during this exciting period of change for the organization. Further, you will partner with staff across the organization to execute an evolving agenda of diversity, equity and inclusion into all areas of the organization’s work.
Ideal candidates will be natural problem-solvers in the workplace and will be able to engage comfortably with staff at all levels to lead by influence rather than authority. This is a great opportunity for candidates with a desire to leverage combined experience in diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and practices, data analytics, project management, and facilitation.
What you will own:
- With the full support of our Executive Team, you will co-create and champion the successful execution of Molekule’s first IDB program to help us shape a diverse and inclusive team
- Advise team members at all levels on best practices to infuse diversity, equity and inclusion knowledge and best practices across the organization in programming, communications, internal culture building, staff development and business operations
- Facilitate and partner with the IDB Committee to co-create a diversity, equity and inclusion mission, vision, and strategy through a process of evaluation and implementation to ensure alignment with Molekule’s strategic mission.
- Execute corporate diversity and inclusion strategies to elevate performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention
- Collaborate with Molekule’s Talent Development function in growing the diversity, equity and inclusion foundations of our pipeline to align with long-term capacity building and retention.
- Support the introduction and development of affinity groups, employee networks and other networking groups.
- Develop meaningful metrics, tools, and analytics that enable leadership to evaluate IDB performance, integration and effectiveness of the organization’s IDB strategy.
- Benchmark industry best practices to support strategies to monitor and evaluate progress in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Drive awareness to help us grow and keep growing. Molekule desires to be known as a company that embraces inclusion and understanding of one another, our partners and our customers
What you bring:
- 5+ years progressive workplace experience in Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging. Specifically, in developing, maintaining and optimizing internal and external programs.
- Deep passion for and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including but not limited to: race, gender and social class.
- Experience operationalizing IDB strategy into a concrete working plan and then executing
- Familiarity with solutions and best practices that create a workplace where employees can be authentic and achieve career growth leading to job satisfaction and retention which will result in attracting the best candidates
- Capacity to balance speed & action with compliance & completeness, using analytics to demonstrate success.
- Experience building relationships, networking and collaborating effectively with ethnically, culturally, socio-economically diverse populations and community organizations.
- Demonstrated program management experience.
- Documented accomplishments regarding implementation of strategic plans that support a bold mission.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data/information to evaluate success with varied audiences.
- Strong project management skills; ability to drive simultaneous, complex projects to measurable success while aligning with organizational strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience managing and carrying out a strategic communications plan.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree strongly preferred
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.