Director of Factory Operations
Lakeland, FL /
Operations – Operations /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is seeking a self-motivated and results driven Director of Factory Operations to join our growing organization. This is a newly created role based out of our new operations facility in the greater Tampa Bay area.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you’ll work closely with Manufacturing, R&D, Application and Hardware Engineering teams to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs within our facility and across multiple operations. This is a tremendous opportunity to build and scale factory operations from ground level.
We’re looking for an operations leader with demonstrated success leveraging creativity and innovation to tackle the complex projects and issues that arise at a rapidly scaling company. The ideal candidate also has extensive experience in working with consumer and commercial filtration products, processes and operations.
- Oversee daily factory operations including, but not limited to: materials management, warehouse management, manufacturing, and quality control
- Ongoing training and development of staff to drive productivity and continuous improvement
- Work closely with finance to develop, manage, and execute factory operation budgets including headcount, OPEX, CAPEX, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with manufacturing engineering, R&D, and applications engineering to develop manufacturing strategies to drive continuous scale operationally for the company.
- Identify KPIs to measure and drive improvements in productivity across all manufacturing functions
- Define the organizational structure needed to support our growth, and partner with our People team to develop a roadmap that ensures we identify, hire, and develop the best talent
- Lead Innovation to drive continuous improvement across all aspects of operations
- Define, prepare and publish executive management reports Develop processes and systems that are proactive in eliminating or mitigating potential issues related to quality, schedule, material, equipment, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure processes are well documented and followed for safety and audit requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in factory operations management
- Degree in manufacturing, engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Prior experience working with commercial products, preferred
- Proven experience managing a manufacturing operation while driving scale and growth
- Strong leadership qualities through team building, coaching & mentoring
- Embodies and demonstrates Molekule’s values Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial metrics, as well as prior experience managing departmental budgets
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.