Senior Android Developer
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineering – Mobile
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is hiring an Android Engineer to join our small team of mobile engineers in San Francisco. You will be building new native Android apps for our product line of air purifiers. You will help unlock new features which allow our customers to better use our products. You’ll be joining a highly cross-functional team, working closely with Software Engineering, UX, Product, Firmware and other teams.
What's in it for you
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (work day start and end times, 2 days per week work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own
- Development and support of Molekule’s Android applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features and enhancements
- Generate proof of concepts for bleeding edge technologies
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automation
- Design and develop testing strategies for assigned feature
What you bring to the team
- 3+ years of hands-on Android programming experience
- Deep understanding of the Android application life cycle
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Android’s most common design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- Experience in debugging on multiple mobile phone models
- Experience abstracting UI views using fragments
- Understanding of code versioning (Git flows)
What else you could bring
- Knowledge of Bluetooth/SoftAP
- Familiar with Dagger2, Retrofit and HockeyApp
- Experience with Gradle dependency manager
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated tests
- Experience in C/C++, iOS experience is big a plus
- Experience with reactive programing. JavaRx is a huge plus
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.