Head of Video
San Francisco, CA /
Brand – Brand /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a Head of Production (Video & photography) responsible for managing, defining, and creating video and photography content for us as brand, sales, and promotional. The candidate will drive the art direction, and production themselves, and manage a small team of creatives that enable the brand team to take an idea from thought to screen - be it a customer or business testimonial, brand content and process explainers, message social, OTT, or TV advert, or anything else that touches photography or video.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
- Define people's perception and understanding of Molekule’s air purifiers, and the company’s efforts through the planning, development, and production of video and photography.
- Drive our content strategy, working in conjunction with the team and leadership to create a wide ranging portfolio of content to express Molekules abilities to help bring clean air to people.
- Oversee production of video & photographic content.
- Deliver content for various platforms across our global locations.
- Working with third party (US & Global) on planing, producing, and delivering content based on the content strategy
- Manage a growing team of producers and editors to craft content.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING - Creative direction
- Content strategy:
- Strong understanding of advertising platforms, digital, broadcast and emerging new media outlets.
- Help develop video strategy to meet brand goals.
- Write and develop concepts to drive brand narrative.
- Creative Direction:
- Conduct video interviews
- Direct video shoots
- Direct photography shoots
- Direct post production process
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure creative fits the needs of their business area.
- Legal review
- Producer of video and photography:
- Manage contracts with vendors
- Research purchase and manage equipment
- Keep projects on schedule and budget
- Produce shoot days
- Location management
- Hire and manage crew
- Manage video/photography team:
- Oversee work and quality of video/photography team
- Help with hiring and building of team
- Work with the growth team and creative team to help allocate resources for video and photography.
- Shooting / DP:
- Ensure that photography and cinematography fits the look of the brand.
- Direct lighting on set
- Direct photography on set
- Select the correct camera, and G&E department needs for shoots.
- Post Production
- Edit Videos
- Sound Design
- Color Grading
- Basic Animation Skills
- Photo retouching and photo manipulation.
- Years of experience
- 5+ years with relevant experience
- This role will report to the VP of Product & brand.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.