Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan /
Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We are looking for an Asia-Based Sr. Sustaining Engineer (Mechanical) to join our growing team.
Engineering at Molekule is responsible for developing and manufacturing our line of industry leading air purification products. As an Asia-based member of our mechanical engineering team, this role will involve providing technical leadership and ownership in the growing mechanical engineering organization to support high quality products that push the boundaries.
You will work closely with our US-based mechanical engineering organization as well as Asia-based partners to align on activities and own sustaining and value engineering activities on established products. You will also support new product development, working to refine designs for manufacturing directly with our partners, manufacturing engineers, and design team. This is a flexible engineering position at a fast-growing science-based start-up with potential to grow in many areas.
What you'll work on:
- Creation and execution of engineering change orders (ECOs), including design and manufacturing documentation
- Create and perform verification activities including testing and risk analysis
- Drive corrective actions, deviations, and other quality events relating to ECO activity in collaboration with the quality team
- Support external contract manufacturers (CM/ODM) and suppliers’ product end of life (EOL) cycles as well as coordination of repair and refurbishment activities
- Participate in the optimization of product sourcing options, component and build costs, and manufacturing strategies
- Participate in evaluating new suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Lead cost and quality improvement programs
- Work with Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service teams to drive field failure analysis and reduce failure rates
- Understand how to drive yield studies, review FAI/CpK data, develop and qualify cosmetic (CMF) requirements
- Support the smooth transition from new product introduction to mass production
- Ensure suppliers and contract manufacturers meet quality and productivity targets for all sustaining products
- Ensure projects meet deadlines as well as quality and reliability targets
What you’ll bring:
- 6-8 years of consumer electronics development and manufacturing experience
- 3+ years experience in mechanical design
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Strong working knowledge of Creo/SolidWorks (Creo is preferred)
- Experience in CM/ODM and engineering supplier management
- Knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical fabrication, tools, assembly, and test
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Good understanding of schedule and project management
- Familiar with manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, CNC (milling, lathing), forming (stamping, forging, die casting, wax-casting), surface finishing and coatings, and assembly
- Good understanding of mechanical design, drawing creation and interpretation, failure analysis, design of experiments (DOE), and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, supply chain, quality, and third-party vendors
- Good knowledge of tooling (design and review), and capable of leading tooling DFM discussion.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally (when travel is once again advisable)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of aluminum extrusion and finishing processes
- 2+ years experience leading project teams
- 3+ years of experience working with Asian supply chains
- Experience in coordinating contract manufacturers and foreign customers, international teamwork, and cross functional communication
- Experience driving product design using design for manufacturing (DFM) methods to ensure robust manufacturability, yields, cost reduction and ability to scale
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 25 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, delivering clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing. That's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"My communications are candid, effective, respectful, and assuming good intentions."
Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just of individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.