Sr. Web Developer
San Francisco, CA
Growth – Growth
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys airborne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
We are looking for a Principal Web Developer to join our growing team. As the Principal Web Developer, you will work with a team to lead, manage and maintain our Magento front-end and back-end codebase, develop requirements, manage and maintain our Magento checkout and customer portal, release features from start to finish and ensure our sites are reasonably up-to-standards. This includes theming from scratch, installing all necessary 3rd party modules, identifying where custom-built modules are needed, modifying our subscription model experience and delegating tasks to front-end developers and 3rd party development agencies. You will work closely with project managers and other Developers internally and externally to establish a process to support ongoing releases. You will have the opportunity to implement new product ideas such as a mobile first check out experience, build a/b testing capability, integration with new payment methods, and single sign on for check out. We’re currently partnering with a 3rd party Magento development agency. To ensure quality and speed, we’re bringing this leadership in-house. You will be responsible for leading this transition.
You will report to our Sr Director of Growth. You will work closely with: our vendor development partners, internal software engineers, product managers, and UI/UX designers.
What's In It For You
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance, challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What You Will Own
- Execute full lifecycle software development practices
- Develop a mobile first check out experience on Magento
- Optimize our web and ecommerce stack for optimal speed and conversion rates
- Build new capabilities within our customer portal to optimize for customer LTV and to address churn
- Develop new Magento modules and maintain current modules
- Implement A/B testing functionality
- Develop technical strategies using Magento’s code structure and extension architecture
- Regularly update our Magento core installation
- Install security patches
- End to end development: design, develop, test and fix bugs
- Quality, security, scalability and stability review commits before they are committed to the live site
- Troubleshooting and optimization of application code and web server configurations
- Actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness and functionality of customized systems
- Troubleshoot current code base and apply fixes
- Unit test and take accountability for the quality of your work
- Monitor performance of production environment and maintain site speed and integrity
What You Will Bring
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a developer/engineer
- 5+ years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development (Magento 2 certification preferred)
- Track record of leading complicated features, bug fixes, and integrations with limited guidance
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Experience integrating ERP data into Magento, we use Netsuite
- Experience with web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
What Else You Could Bring
- Own customer-facing features; work with UX / design teams to build out clean user experiences
- Experience managing external partners, ie, agencies, outsourced teams, contractors, etc.
- Love of a well-documented code base
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.